Apply for Chivas Regal’s “The Venture” 2017 Competition!
Deadline: 30 October 2017
The Chivas Regal is seeking applications for its The Venture 2017 Competition that is an open opportunity for social businesses around the world.
The Venture is a global search to find and support the most promising startups with the potential to succeed financially and make a positive impact on the lives of others.
The most promising startups – one from each country participating in The Venture – will make it to the global final and have a chance to win a share of $1 million in funding.
Prize & Benefits
- A Share of the $1million Fund: If applicants are selected to take part in the global final, they’ll have the opportunity to win a share of $1 Million in funding. Each finalist will have the chance to tell us how much funding they seek and how they believe this will make a difference for their business.
- The Venture Accelerator Week: Over the course of a week, all the finalists will take part in a variety of intensive business master-classes at some of the world’s leading businesses to help them sharpen their skills.
- Mentored by the Best in the Business: The foundation have recruited a team of experts in partnership with the Skoll centre at Oxford University to provide business and pitching support to The Venture’s global finalists.
- Global Exposure: The global finalists will feature on The Venture website and crowdfunding site IndieGogo. The foundation’s international campaign will reach millions of people around the world, offering incredible exposure for applicants business.
- Local Prizes: The Venture is an international project with some of the participating countries offering additional prizes. Applicants can check their local Terms & Conditions to discover what else The Venture could offer their business.
- The Competition is looking for social entrepreneurs who have a registered, for-profit startup or business.
- They are searching for businesses in seed stage (which means the product is still in prototype stage and the business is not yet generating revenue from customers or users yet), startup stage (which means the business has a working prototype of its concept, ideally with some demonstrable user traction, generating a maximum of US $500,000 – or local currency equivalent – in annual revenues and has been incorporated for no more than three years) or growth stage (which means the business is beyond the working prototype stage, and can show significant user traction and sales, generating a maximum of US $1 million – or local currency equivalent – in annual revenues and has been incorporated for more than three years).
- Applicants will have a strong vision, a compelling idea and a solid business plan. They’ll also need to showcase how their business has a positive impact and articulate how funding would help to take their business to the next level. They must be over 25 to enter The Venture. Make sure they check out their local Terms & Conditions should thry choose to apply for further eligibility requirements.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil , Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Germany, Greece, Gulf, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Japan, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Thailand, UK and US.
For more information, please visit Venture 2017 Competition.